In 1937 Parshwanath Vidyapeeth was established as an Institute of Indology in general and Jainology in particular in the pious memory of Sthanakavasi Jainacharya Shri Sohanlalji Maharaj. Spread over the area of 4.5 acres with is sprawling campus, lush greeneries and canopies of magnificent avenues; this Institute is testimony of the ingenuity and foresight of its founder Late Lala Shri Harjas Rai Jain. It is managed by Parshwanath Vidyapeeth, a society registered under the Society Registration Act of 1860.
Over the years, the Vidyapeeth has done commendable work in the area of research and publication on Jain Philosophy, Culture, History, Prakrit language, Jain art etc. Besides, 176 publications to credit, about 63 scholars of the Parshwanath Vidyapeeth have been awarded Ph.D. from Banaras Hindu University, which recognize it as a Research center in the field of Jainology. It is also recognized by Scientific & Industrial Research Organization, Dept of Science and Technology, Government of India for conducting research. Being a living embodiment of such visionaries as Pt. Sukhlal Sanghvi, Pt. Bechardas Doshi, Late Padmabhusan Pt. D.D. Malvania this Institute epitomizes a synthesis of all sects of Jainas giving them equal importance. Read More..